These little snowballs of goodness are so easy to make and so delightfully delicious. The fun part is, it doesn’t involve any baking at all! They only take a few minutes to make, and the shredded coconut + melted chocolate make these snowballs super extra yummy. This recipe is great for family gatherings, holidays, parties or anytime you are craving for something sweet. Check out the video below to learn how to make them.
- 300 grams or 10 1/2 ounces white chocolate
- 50 grams or 1 3/4 ounces butter
- 1 Madeira cake
- 125 grams or 4 ounces desiccated coconut
*This set of ingredients can yield up to 30 servings.
1. First break half of the white chocolates. Melt the butter and chocolate pieces in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
2. Next, cut the Madeira cake into squares so they could fit in the food processor. Then, place cake slices into either a food processor, mixer or a blender and process until the bread crumbs have an even, fine texture.
3. Mix the cake crumbs into the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
4. Let the mixture cool down and allow it to set.
5. After cooling down, take a small amount of the mixture and roll between the palms of your hands to form balls.
6. Put them on a tray with baking paper and allow them to chill for about one hour.
7. Melt the remaining chocolate using the same process in step one.
8. When the balls are hard enough start dipping each ball into the melted chocolate, allow any excess to drip off, then roll in desiccated coconut. Place them on a tray and chill them for one more hour.
Store the snowballs into an airtight container and keep them in the fridge. For gifting purposes, you can add a ribbon, label or a tag.