Nothing is ever more comforting than having a cup of warm hot chocolate during the cold winter months. What will make this tasty beverage even more satisfying? Have it with a mixture of wine!
When you want something that will keep you extra cozy after a long hard day of work, this perfect drink may be just what you need! The warmth of the liquid and the light kick of wine will surely make you feel warm inside. This hot chocolate with red wine is so good that we can have it any day! We promise, you’re going to love this recipe!
What makes this drink even better are the health benefits you’ll get from cocoa and wine. Cocoa powder is low in calories and contains essential minerals that help fight cardiovascular disease, and strengthens the immune system. It is rich in Iron and flavonoids that act as antioxidants, preventing inflammation and helps lower blood pressure.
Moderate wine consumption has great health benefits too! According to American Heart Association, consuming one to two four-ounce glasses of wine a day can help reduce the risk of heart attack, Type 2 Diabetes and can even prevent colon cancer.
Hey anything that gives us an excuse to have more chocolate and wine, am i right?
Another great tip, replace the white sugar and milk with a healthier substitute, and you got yourself an oh-so-nutritious cup of goodness!
Hot Chocolate with Red Wine Recipe:
Yields: 1 to 2 servings
- 3 tsp unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
1. Pour 1/4 cup red wine into a small pan/pot. Bring to a boil over low heat setting. If you want to retain the alcohol level of the wine, skip this process, and just include the wine into the cocoa mixture, and boil the mixture all at the same time.
2. Combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt into a small bowl.
3. Pour two or three tablespoons of milk over the cocoa mixture and stir.
4. Next, pour the rest of the milk and stir.
5. Finally, pour the cocoa mixture over the wine and bring to a simmer. Gradually whisk the mixture.
6. Serve with serving cups or mugs. Enjoy!