Old T-shirts are one of the things that you just can’t throw away. Instead, bring them out from your closet and upcycle them. From giving it a new style to making it useful in another way, your creative mind and crafty hands will be your best tools. Here’s a simple idea to begin with. Turn your old extra large T-shirt into a skirt.
What you’ll need:
- XXXL T-shirt
- Rotary cutter
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
1. Cut the T-shirt in half right under the arms using a rotary cutter or scissors. Once cut, flip it inside out and fold 1 1/2″ from the top and use pins to secure it in place
3. Sew along a line where you place the pins using a matching color thread.
4. Measure your waist and cut elastic bands with the exact same measurement.
5. Make a small opening on the inside and attach the elastic to a safety pin to easily slide the elastic through.
6. Sew where both the elastics meet and cut the excess.
7. Lastly, hand-stitch to close the opening
That’s it and you’re done! Style it according to your preference.