When we first heard of all natural homemade laundry detergent we thought it’s a lot of work….turns out it’s really super easy! Every year we spend a fortune on laundry detergents which do the cleaning but are made of toxic chemicals that are harmful to our skin. What if we tell you, that you could save more money every year with a gentle, homemade non-toxic laundry detergent? Yeah, it’s true, and it is only made up of three ingredients! Watch the video below and find out how.
What You’ll Need:
- 3 cups Borax
- 3 cups Super Washing Soda
- One bar of Zote soap (equivalent to 6 cups)
- Cheese grater/food processor
- Measuring cups
- Empty, pre-used container with a lid
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Grate one bar of Zote soap using a grater. If using a food processor, make sure to cut the soap into pieces first for easy grinding.
- Add in three cups of Borax and three cups of super washing soda. Mix using hands until well combined.
- If you want to add natural fragrance/scent to your laundry, add at least five drops of lavender oil,/your choice of scent to the detergent mixture.
- Store the mixture in an airtight container. The whole batch will last about 3 to 4 months but will vary based on how many tablespoons you’ll use per load.
How to use?
A full load of laundry is about two to four tablespoons of the detergent mixture, depending how dirty the clothes are. You can also use about 1/8 cup to a quarter for maximum cleaning effect.