Popular since the ancient Greek times, cheesecake is one of the delicious comfort foods we surely keep coming back for more! It’s very cheesy, creamy and a little bit of tangy. Giving a perfect balance of flavors and the right amount of rich decadent texture.
Y’all probably choose to buy store bought cheesecake instead of making your own since making a proper cheese cake can be a bit tricky. For those who have tried baking one and are not satisfied with how your cheesecake turned out, you better try this recipe! It’s quite easy to follow, and you can absolutely make it even without baking utensils! In this recipe, you’ll only need a fork, spoon, knife, and a pan. The best part is, you don’t need an oven to create this classy dessert! Is this for real? Of course, this is the real deal! We know you can’t wait any longer, so watch the video below and find out how to make the perfect stove-top homemade cheesecake!
Stove Top Cheesecake Recipe:
Yields: 7-inch cake pan
For The Crust:
- 100g (1 cup) Flour
- 20g (5 tsp.) Granulated sugar
- 60g (4 tbsp.) Butter, soften
- 1 Egg yolk
For The Filling:
- 100g (3.5oz) Cream cheese, soften
- 100g (3.5oz) Heavy cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg white
- 15g (2½ tbsp.) Flour
- 30g (2½ tbsp.) Granulated sugar
- 15ml (1 tbsp.) Lemon Juice
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the crust ingredients. Form and squeeze until the mixture forms a dough.
2. Place the dough inside a Teflon coated frying pan and press it to form a tart-like shape mold.
3. Using a fork, dock the pastry to allow the steam to escape while cooking.
4. Chill the dough in the fridge and start preparing the ingredients for the filling.
5. In a bowl, add the cream cheese, flour, and sugar. Combine the ingredients until you can’t see the flour anymore.
6. Next, pour the heavy cream and mix until combined.
7. Pour the lemon juice and egg white. Whisk until the consistency is smooth.
8. Now, crack another egg and combine it with the mixture.
9. Next, pour the filling mixture into the crust.
10. Place the pan on the stove top and cook on a low-temperature setting. Cover the pan and let it cool for about 30-45 minutes.
11. You will know the cheesecake is done when the filling has already set on the sides and have a bit of wiggle in the center.
12. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool completely before chilling in the fridge.
13. Refrigerate for about three hours before serving.
Additional Tips From Bizarreisland:
- Use Teflon pans with a non-stick surface to prevent the crust from sticking to the pan.
- Pots/Pans that are too thin are not recommended since they tend to heat up faster, burning the bottom of the cake easily. Leaving you with an uncooked filling.
- Make your own cheesecake version by incorporating matcha, blueberries, strawberries, Oreos, Nutella, and more!