Make your favorite pictures filled with good memories last longer by preserving them into a piece of wood! This totally nifty idea is so easy to make, inexpensive and a perfect keepsake gift not just during the holidays. Now you can say goodbye to boring picture frames! Simply watch the video below, and start creating your very own wood transfer pictures.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Printed image on paper (the thinner the better)
- Cut out pieces of wood with sand edges (your preferred sizes)
- Mod Podge (antique matte finish)
- Gel medium (gloss type)
- Sponge brushes
- Washcloth or an old rug
1. First prepare your picture. The image must be printed reverse and use the thinnest paper as much as possible. Also, make sure you use a laser copy of the picture rather than ink jet.
2. Apply a generous amount of gloss gel medium onto the wood surface using a sponge brush. Make sure that you smoothed out the surface.
3. On a flat surface, lay your printed photo and turn the wood around placing it on top of the picture. Smooth out any bubbles.
4. Let it dry for about 8 hours or overnight.
5. Grab your wet rug and place it on top of the wood. Next start scrubbing the paper off the back. Let it a dry for a few minutes and scrub it again to get rid of all the residue.
6. Finally, brush the wood with Mod Podge. Apply at least two to three coats and let it dry.