Are you a coconut lover like us? If your answer is YES, you’ll surely enjoy this all-time favorite recipe for the best coconut macaroons! You need just a few ingredients and they are ready to go in the oven in few minutes.
Coconut is not just delicious, but it is also packed with health benefits. Daily consumption can help speed up weight loss and lower your cholesterol level. It is also an effective ingredient for beauty treatments: best for anti-aging, can help resolve acne problems, and helps get rid of cellulite.
Try this coconut macaroon recipe and let us know what you think by leaving your comments below.
- 14 ounces sweetened flaked coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
1. First prepare your oven. Preheat it to 325°F or 162°C.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flaked coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla. Once done set aside.
3. Next, grab your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, and whip the egg whites and salt using high-speed setting. You can also use a fork or a whisk if you don’t have a mixer. Whip until the consistency is medium-firm peaks.
4. Now, pour the egg whites carefully into the coconut mixture and mix until combined.
5. Line a sheet of parchment/baking paper onto a tray. Place the mixture on the tray and use ice cream scoop or 2 teaspoons to measure each macaroon.
6. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown.
7. Let them cool on wire racks. Serve or store in an airtight container.
We’ve also featured another delicious recipe that uses shredded coconut. Feel free to check it out here.