Now that we’ve stuffed our faces with tons of turkey and sides what do we do with our left overs? The best thing you can do is to transform them into a rich, and oh-so-tasty dish like the shepherd’s pie. This recipe is super simple to make, and your family will surely love it! If you’ve never made one before, it’s time to throw caution to the wind and give it a try. Watch the video below and learn how to cook this ultimate holiday comfort food.
Here are the ingredients of the shepherd’s pie recipe:
- 2 Tbsp. – Butter
- 1 Cup – Onion diced
- 1 Cup – Carrots, chopped
- 1 Cup – Peas
- 1 Cup – Mushrooms
- 3 Cups – Turkey
- 1/2 tsp – Thyme
- 1/2 tsp – Parsley
- 1/4 tsp – Salt
- 1/4 tsp – Pepper
- 1 Cup – Gravy
- 1/2 Cup – Heavy Cream
- 4 Cups – Mashed Potatoes
And the cooking directions:
1. First preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
2. Start melting the butter in a large pot.
3. Add onions and carrots and cook until tender (about 5 minutes on medium heat).
4. Add the peas and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the turkey, salt, pepper, parsley, and thyme and stir until well-blended.
6. Pour in the gravy and heavy cream, stir, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Turn off the heat and transfer stirred ingredient in a greased baking dish or ramekins.
8. Top it with leftover mashed potatoes. Use a piping bag if you want it to look all fancy like. Otherwise just slather it on top. Mist the top with non stick spray.
9. Finally, place it on a baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are lightly browned and the filling is bubbly around the edges. (This may get messy, so clean up the edges before serving.) Enjoy!