Eye bags are a very common beauty problem for most people. Almost everyone has them especially those who are not getting enough sleep. They also tend to get more prominent as we age. These cosmetic problems are unsightly, and we often try all the available remedies to help reduce and conceal these annoying dark circles. Some people opt to use artificial solutions to help get rid of eye bags, such as over the counter eye creams. And believe it or not, some even go under the knife to correct this dilemma.
Doctors rarely advise that you undergo eye bag removal surgery since they only recommend these procedure for patients with severe conditions such as those who are already experiencing vision problems. However, there are a lot of daily habits you can practice, and natural remedies you can use to minimize the puffiness of moderate eye bags.
Apart from getting enough sleep (for at least 6 to 8 hours daily) and drinking enough fluids, one of the most effective natural home treatment is the use of cucumber. When it comes to lessening the puffiness and refreshing our eyes, the first thing that comes to our mind is to put two slices of cucumbers on those sore eye bags. This is a popular treatment that has long been used, and many people swear by its effectiveness. Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties and cooling effect that help reduce skin inflammation. They also make a great skin moisturizer since they are mostly made up of water.
Today, instead of doing the traditional method of using fresh cucumber slices, Michelle Phan is going to spice things up a little bit! She will show us how to make cucumber pads that you can make ahead of time. They are not only effective, but they’re safe and inexpensive as well! Watch the video and start soothing those horrible looking tired eyes today!
Cucumber Eye Pads
Yield: 1 pint of juice = maximum of 30 pads (lasts for about a month)
What You’ll Need:
- 3 to 4 Cucumbers
- 1 to 2 cups of water (at least 500 ml)
- Blender or a juicer
- Square shape facial cotton pads
How to make them:
1. Prepare the cucumber juice by mixing cucumbers and water. If using a blender, blend the cucumber together with the water. If using a juicer, process the cucumbers first in the juicer and mix the water after.
2. Next, pour the juice mixture into a bowl.
3. Soak the cotton pads into the mixture and squeeze out the excess juice.
4. Store the cotton pads in a sandwich bag and chill them in the fridge.
How to use them:
1. Thaw a pair of the cucumber cotton pads for a few minutes before using them. Recommended use is at least once a day, in the morning after taking a shower.
2. Once the pads are slightly thawed, place a pad for each eye and leave it for about 10 minutes.