One day, you decided to go out and grab something to eat. You found your way in a restaurant and realized that you’ve been staring at the menu for a few minutes now deciding whether it’ll be noodles or burger. I’ve been there and I am sure Keizo Shimamoto understands how we felt at those times. Choose no more because you can have both in one appetizing meal. Thanks to Keizo Shimamoto who engineered the popular Ramen burger and sold at Brooklyn, NY’s Smorgasburg. You don’t even have to go to NY because you can have your own version right in your own kitchen.
What you’ll need:
- 1 package ramen noodles
- 2 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, such as canola or grapeseed
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 beef burger patty
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced on the bias
- 1/2 cup arugula
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the ramen according to the package direction including the seasoning; Drain and let cool.
- Beat 1 egg in a small mixing bowl; Add and stir the ramen until evenly coated with the egg. Divide the ramen into 2 portions and place into a ramekins or bowls.
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap to cover the ramen and flatten the noodles using a can to compress and achieve a bun shape. Refrigerate until firm for at least 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; Carefully unmold the ramen bun into the pan, maintaining the bun shape; Cook until the bottom is golden brown. Flip the noodle patty and cook until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Prepare your stuffing and assemble the burger: ramen bun, arugula, ketchup, burger patty, cheese, fried egg, scallions, and top with the second ramen bun. Serve hot and enjoy!
You don’t have to eat alone when you can invite your friends to come over and share this new recipe. Try it out and spread the news.