Did you know that you can make an omelet using a freezer bag? It never crossed our minds until we watched the video. It makes total sense, though!
Just add all the stuff you want in your omelet to a bag, boil it and they come out perfect every time! Even the worst cook in the world can pull these off. This has got to be the easiest way to make an omelet and the cleanup is a breeze. They are also great for camping trips, brunches or whenever you have a large group of people who need to be fed.
These are the steps on how to make a no mess omelet in a bag and don’t worry because this recipe is very easy to follow.
You can use any ingredients you want but here are some suggestions.
- 2 slices of ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon chunky salsa
- Add two eggs into a large resealable freezer bag.
- Remove the air out of the bag and seal.
- Shake and squeeze the bag to beat the eggs.
- Add your favorite omelet ingredients. Your choice or you can add the ingredients mentioned in this video.
- Reseal the bag again and turn it to mix the ingredients.
- Boil a large pot of water
- Cook bags in boiling water until they don’t look watery, about 13 minutes
- Drain any excess liquid before plating.
There you go, an easy simple quick cleanup recipe for omelets!