Hey, busy moms out there! Here’s one quick, healthy and inexpensive dish to whip up for your family. Now, you can simplify your family’s dinner with Martha Stewart’s Famous One Pot Pasta Recipe.
How wonderful! This recipe is so handy, especially these days when not everyone has time to prepare a decent meal at home every night. This one pot pasta dish keeps things simple and the best part is it allows diversity. Can we consider it a balanced meal? Of course with the pasta, you get starch and you can sneak in some veggies into the pan, too.
Ditch the easy options when feeding your family. Say no to takeout, fast food, or prepackaged dinners that are not really a healthy choice. Preparing your own meals can help you take charge of you and your family’s health.
Start cooking tasty and healthy meals. Try this famous one-pot pasta dish!
- 12 ounces linguine
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups white onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2 cups water
- Freshly-grated parmesan cheese, for serving
1. Put the pasta in the pan. Make sure they’re at the bottom then add tomatoes, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, basil, olive oil, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and all of the 4 ½ cups of water in the pan.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat and stirring constantly to avoid pasta from sticking together. This will take about 9 minutes or until the water has nearly evaporated and pasta is al dente
3. Remove from the heat. Serve with some torn fresh basil leaves; add some pepper, salt and freshly-grated parmesan cheese on top. Drizzle with olive oil.