Fall is just around the corner but summer isn’t over yet. With a lot of things going on, people find ways to get some comfort in this hot weather. Heat isn’t only uncomfortable but it also affects our bodies and moods. Well, we can’t really postpone summer and the weather will not adjust to us. So, if you can’t beat the summer heat, might as well enjoy it with a refreshing and delish treat. And I know just the perfect summer recipe for you. Try this simple no-bake dessert Mango Panna Cotta, a very famous Italian dessert.
What you’ll need:
- 4-5 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup mango Nectar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 pack unflavored gelatin
For the first layer:
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup mango nectar and 1 packaged unflavored gelatin. Set aside.
- Get flesh from 4-5 mangoes. Be careful on cutting mangoes into pieces.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup mango puree by blending the cut mangoes until smooth.
- Get the gelatin mixture prepared earlier and heat in microwave for 1 min.
- Stir into the mango puree.
- Place 8 (5 ounce) cups on a mini cupcake pan at an angle.
- Fill each cup almost to the edge and chill for 2 hours.
For the second layer:
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup milk, 1 pack unflavored gelatin and let sit for 10 mins. After 10 mins heat on a low fire.
- Add 1/3 cup sugar and a pinch of kosher salt then remove from heat when sugar is dissolved.
- Add 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste to the mixture.
- Pour the gelatin mixture to 2 cups heavy cream.
- Take the cups out of the fridge with the mango layer already set and fill with the vanilla mixture till the edge of the cup.
- Chill until set about 4 hours.
This is most enjoyed when top with fresh diced mango. This is perfect not just for summer days but all year long. Enjoy this refreshing treat with family and friends.