Chicken teriyaki is one of our all time restaurant favorites and now it’s easy to make at home! This crispy, juicy, sweet, and savory taste of this recipe is unbelievably simple and fun to recreate. We promise you, once you’ve tried it, it will become a family favorite recipe!
This authentic Asian recipe is best served with rice, green vegetables or even on noodles.
Chicken Teriyaki Ingredients:
- 2 Chicken thighs boneless, skin on
- 2 Tbs. Soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. Mirin
- 2 Tbs. Sake
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Fresh ginger juice, grated garlic or finely chopped green onion
- 1 Tbs. Cooking oil
1. Combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar and ginger juice/garlic/green onion in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Prepare your skillet by adding cooking oil and preheating over medium high setting.
3. Once the oil is warm enough, place each chicken into the skillet, skin side down. Allow the chicken to cook for about 7 to 8 minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy.
4. Next flip over each chicken piece and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat. Line a paper towel in a bowl or plate and transfer chicken to absorb the excess oil.
6. Wipe te excess oil in the skillet and heat over medium heat.
7. Pour the teriyaki sauce mixture into skillet and allow it to simmer for about 3 minutes until the sauce is thick enough.
8. Turn down the heat to medium-low and add the fried chicken coating it with the sauce. Allow to cook for one more minute.
9. Remove the skillet from the heat, transfer the chicken and let it rest for 3 to 5 minutes.
10. While waiting for the chicken to absorb the flavor, boil or stir-fry your chosen vegetables. You can use asparagus, broccoli or yu choy.
11. Slice the chicken into pieces. Serve this dish with warm cooked short grain rice, soba noodles. Add your vegetables and glaze remaining sauce over chicken.