Our all-time favorite fruit roll ups we loved since we were kids are now so easy to make at home! All you need is your choice of fruit and wax paper…no dehydrator needed. Again, this is nothing but fruit, no sugar or other ingredients added. That makes this recipe super healthy and packed with vitamins! These chewy fruity roll-ups are so good, so make sure to cook a bigger batch because they go quick and takes a lot of baking time.
- 4 cups diced ripe mango (from about 3 large mangoes)
*Yield: About 8 fruit roll-ups Prep Time: 10 min Cook Time: 4 hours
- To get started, preheat the oven to 175 degrees F or 79 degrees C.
- Line two baking sheets with non-stick silicone mats (Silpat) or parchment paper.
- Cut your mangoes and get all the meat of the fruit as much as possible. Then, blend the mangoes using a food processor or blender until consistency is smooth.
- Divide and pour the purée in two separate prepared pans. Use a spatula to flatten and smoothen until the layer is about 1/8-inch thick.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake for 3 to 4 hours. The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the fruit roll-ups, and the differing temperatures of ovens.
- The fruit roll-up is ready when the purée is already dry enough and workable. Bake it for few more minutes until they are fully dried.
- Take the fruit roll up out of the oven. Lay a sheet of wax paper on top of the whole roll-up and peel both together. Start cutting the sheet into long strips and then roll up the strips.
- Store the fruit roll-ups in an airtight container to make them last up to one week.