We love chalkboard paint. You can do the obvious like paint walls to the less obvious and paint wine glasses with it. Unfortunately the paint can be expensive and the colors available are pretty limited. Well, after you watch this video you won’t have to worry about any of that. What we love most about this DIY project is you can choose any color you like. Blue, red, pink or even orange, you can now make a chalkboard paint in any shade of color you like.
This homemade paint is great for making stylish message boards, labels, and ornaments. To start making your chalk-ready paint, simply watch the video below for the complete instructions. For your reference, we also added the materials you’ll need after the video.
What you’ll need are the following:
- 1 cup of good-quality flat-finish latex wall paint (any shade)
- 2 tablespoons unsanded tile grout (light for lighter colors, dark for darker)
- Object or surface to paint
- 150-grit sandpaper
- Mixing cup or bowl
- Paint stirrer
- Paint brush
1.Combine 1 cup of latex paint and 2 tablespoons of grout.
2. Stir paint and grout.
3. Apply paint to surface evenly.
4. Sand surface with 150 grit sandpaper then rub chalk on surface.
Pin it now! 🙂