If you want to smell wonderful but don’t want to spend a gazillion dollars on store brands, then you need to try these solid perfumes. Although the scent of store bought fragrances are believed to last longer than oil-based ones, you can never trust the synthetic fixatives and high alcohol content that give the store brands their longevity.
Since the Egyptian era, solid perfumes had already been used as ointment-like unguents. Today, they are also called cream-based fragrances and usually made up of melted soy wax or beeswax and all-natural skin friendly fragrance oils. While the aroma takes a little bit more time to smell than spray perfume, they are very healthy and safe for you. They come in cute and small containers too! So, they are easier to carry than big spray bottles.
Solid perfumes are ridiculously easy, cheap and quick to make. Best of all, you can go crazy with your favorite scents and give them as gifts for any occasion! So enough talking, for now… watch the video below and learn how to make your own solid perfume at home. 🙂
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Soy Wax or Bees Wax
- Coconut Oil/Olive Oil/Almond Oil
- Shea Butter (optional)
- Vitamin E (optional)
- Skin Safe Fragrance Oil (scent of your choice)
- 2 Tin Containers
- Measuring Cup
- Envelope Stickers / Labels
- First add 3 teaspoons of soy wax or beeswax into a measuring cup.
- Next add 2 teaspoons of coconut oil or oil of your choice. This time, you can also mix in shea butter or vitamin E for extra moisturizing benefits.
- Microwave for about 15 to 30 seconds.
- Next add 1 teaspoon of fragrance oil of your choice and stir the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and let it dry till it become solid.
- While waiting, you can add the sticker labels on the containers.
We hope you give this perfume project a try! Let us know how yours turn out by leaving your comments below.