Here is another mouth-watering recipe you’ll absolutely enjoy….introducing homemade mozzarella sticks! So crispy on the outside and gooey yummy on the inside. A perfect copycat of the restaurant-style fried mozzarella sticks, that’s so delish!
This recipe is so easy to make and inexpensive. Serve them as an appetizer or snack with your favorite dipping sauce and oh my, they taste so wonderful! We promise you, after you see this, you’ll never buy frozen mozzarella sticks again. 🙂
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 8oz. mozzarella cheese (block)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 cups Italian Style breadcrumbs
- Vegetable/canola oil for frying
1. First divide the block of cheese by cutting in half. Get the first half, and standing on edge slice it in half again. Then cut the sliced halves into five equal sections. Do the same for the remaining half of the cheese. The size of each stick should be at least 1/4 x 1/4 x 3 inches. One block or 8 ounces of cheese is equal to twenty mozzarella sticks.
2. Into a bowl, coat the sticks with flour and shake the excess flour using a colander.
3. Next crack the eggs and gradually whisk into a small bowl/plate.
4. Dip the sticks into the egg mixture till coated and coat them with breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess crumbs and set aside. Repeat this process again to coat the sticks completely.
5. Put the sticks on a plate or a container. Let them freeze for about two hours. The cold temperature prevents the cheese from oozing out when you cook them.
6. Preheat a pan with oil to 350 degrees F, or 177 degrees C. Once the oil reached the right temperature, start frying the sticks until golden brown. Do not overcrowd your pan to allow them to cook nicely. Gently move them around using tongs or a fork to prevent them from sticking together. It will only take less than a minute to cook the sticks.
7. Finally, drain mozzarella sticks on a rack over a sheet pan or to a paper towel lined plate. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce and enjoy!