Baking a lava cake might seem complicated but you’d be surprised to know how simple it is to make one! In this video, you’ll learn the easiest and most perfect molten lava cake recipe. The cake is moist, gooey, and has a warm fudge chocolate center to die for! What we love about this recipe is you can make it even without a mixer. Find out how to bake a restaurant-quality chocolate molten lava cake by watching the video below.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- For The Chocolate Discs:
- 140g (4.94 ounces) tempered chocolate
- For The Chocolate Brownie Base
- 300g (10.58 ounces) or 1 1/3 cups butter or margarine
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups or 654g (23.07 ounces) sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- dash of marsala (optional)
- 3/4 cup or 90g (3.17 ounces) cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 cups or 360g (12.7 ounces) plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- (optional – you can add nuts, dried fruit or chocolate chips)
- For The Ganache
- 200g (7.05 ounces) milk chocolate
- 80g (2.82 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100millilitres (3.38 fluid ounces) cream (if you can’t get hold of cream you can use milk but use slightly less)
For The Chocolate Discs
- Line a sheet of baking foil and spread the tempered chocolate onto it using a spatula.
- Wait for the chocolate to get firm enough. Afterwards, get a container and use it to start cutting circular/disc shapes.
For The Chocolate Brownie Base
- First, melt the butter in the microwave or stovetop setting it on low heat.
- Next add and beat in the sugar, eggs, cocoa, flour and baking powder. Beat until all the ingredients are combined.
- Now add the vanilla and marsala.
- Prepare your baking tray. First line a baking tin or pan, at least, 26x38cm (14.96 inches) with a sheet of baking/parchment paper. For baking tins that are not deep enough, make sure to use baking paper to make a wall around the edge and set/staple it into place. This trick prevents the mixture from overflowing.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tray, and topped it with chopped chocolate or nuts.
- Bake it at 356°F or 180°C. You will know when it’s done until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Let it cool completely.
- Now use the same circular container to cut circles from your brownie. Create a hole in the centre of each brownie by using a circular shape cutter.
For The Ganache
- Melt chocolate pieces into a bowl.
- Next pour the cream into the bowl, and keep stirring until it comes together to make a nice smooth ganache.
*Final Tip: Before serving, make sure your ganache is warm enough when you pour it on the dessert.
Now watch the magic unveiled right in front of your eyes! 😍