We love our do-it-at-home project for today. Introducing, the DIY Cloud Light! Now, if any of you are familiar with the interactive cloud light being sold by RichardClarkson.com, you know the ridiculous price they are selling them at. A whopping $3000! Well, now you can make your own. It might not be quite as interactive as the $3000 one but …. it’s not $3000 either. This DIY one is cheap, easy-to-make, and still looks killer.
Here are the supplies you’ll be needing for this project. Don’t be afraid to mix things up if you want your cloud light to look different.
- Cotton batting(tons)
- Paper lanterns (as many as you like)
- Wooden dowels
- Fishing line or any clear string
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Battery-powered LED lights
- Screw hooks
How To Make It?
- Expand your paper lanterns, get your glue gun and start glueing the cotton batting on the lanterns. Add cotton as needed to make it look fluffy.
- To hold up your cloud, tie the string or fishing line around using your wooden dowel on both ends.
- Use screw hooks and hook both ends and make sure that you tie it properly.
- Place clear strings on each end of the lanterns.
- Tie each ball individually and adjust the length as needed.
- Keep adding more paper lanterns and slowly you’ll see the cloud forming.
- Once you are satisfied, start pulling your LED lights through the base of the cloud.
For sure, this is a fun project to make over the weekend with your friends or kids. You can use it as a decor for a baby shower, house party, or just cool lighting for your bedroom. Hang it from the ceiling and watch it glow!
Pin It Now! 🙂