It’s cold outside and that can only mean one thing. It’s Chai Time!
Masala chai tea is one of our favorite winter drinks! It is delicious, flavorful, rich, and has the perfect balance of blended spices. Learn how to make an authentic Indian masala chai tea by watching the video below. The tea is not just ideal for cold weather, but it is also a wonderful gift for your loved ones this holiday season!
- 8 pieces 2-inches cinnamon sticks
- 80 pieces cardamom pods
- 40 cloves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 large pinch of saffron
- 2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large spoonful of masala chai (finely ground)
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 black tea bag
- 1 mug of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Ground and mix cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves, peppercorns, saffron and freshly ground nutmeg.
- Put the mix spices into a glass container with a lid and mix them thoroughly.
- Get a spoonful of the spice mix and grind it using a grinder.
- Peel at least one inch of fresh ginger and cut it into pieces.
- Cook on medium heat: the ginger, masala chai, milk, and the spice mix.
- Now put one black tea bag and pour hot water into your cup or mug. Let it sit for about 2 to 3 minutes and remove the teabag.
- Strain and pour the masala chai with milk into your cup of tea, and add honey.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!