Are you ready for some bubble tea time? Today, you’ll learn how to make a delicious refreshing bubble tea with chewy boba pearls. This popular drink was invented by the Taiwanese in the 1980s and spread throughout Southeast Asia before becoming a hit in the U.S.
Bubble tea is really easy and fun to make. There are also tons of flavors you can experiment with. You can add ice cream, go low-fat, mix tropical fruits, and even add a splash of your favorite alcohol. We can’t wait for you to try this yummy recipe! Play the video below and satisfy your bubble tea obsession.
- Black Tapioca Pearls
- Honey/Sugar/Sugar Syrup
- Mango or your choice of fruit
- Ice Cubes
- A disposable drinking cup and an extra thick straw
1. Boil 10 cups of water and add 1 cup tapioca pearls. Stir the tapioca pearls lightly.
2. Cover the pot once the pearls have risen to the top. Set temp to medium and let them cook for about 2-3 minutes.
3. Once the pearls have cooked, scoop them out and transfer them into a bowl of ice-cold water. Let them sit for 20-30 seconds.
4. Cover the tapioca pearls by adding 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey/sugar/sugar Syrup. Let them soak and set aside.
5. Combine all remaining ingredients in a blender, and blend until the mixture is frothy.
6. After mixing all the ingredients, scoop your desired amount of soaked tapioca pearls into the bottom of the cup.
7. Pour into the glass, and serve with extra-thick straws.