Are you looking for the perfect mouth-watering pulled pork recipe? Well, you’ve come to the right place, because today you’ll learn how to cook the easiest and yummiest pulled pork dish you’ll ever make. You are so gonna love this recipe! Best of all, it’s four ingredients: pork shoulder, root beer, onions, and your choice of barbecue sauce.
So what are you waiting for?! Watch the video below and see the directions on how to pull off the most tender and tasty pulled pork!
BBQ Root Beer Pulled Pork
Posted by Tasty on Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Here are the ingredients:
- 1 (4 lb) Pork shoulder roast
- 1 Yellow onion – sliced
- Root Beer (about 1 Liter)
- 1 Bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1. Put the pork shoulder into a slow cooker.
2. Add the sliced onions
3. Cover the pork with root beer.
2. Cover and let the pork cook on low setting for about 7 to 8 hours. If you want to cook the meat using the high setting, allow it to slow cook for about 5 to 6 hours. Check it occasionally to make sure that you don’t overcook the meat. (*The time may also vary depending on the slow cooker you are using)
3. To check if the meat is ready, see if it easily pulls apart right off the bone.
4. Now it’s time for you to drain the liquid (root beer). Start shredding the pork. Glaze and mix it with your favorite barbecue sauce. We’re a fan of Sweet Baby Ray’s (Amazon) for an all around yummy BBQ sauce.
5. Serve the pulled pork on hamburger buns and enjoy!
*Tip: Pulled pork can be stored up to a week in the refrigerator or for up to 3 months in the freezer. You can also replace hamburger buns with tortillas or burrito wraps.