Did you know that you can make flavored ice cream without the help of a machine? In this video, Mya will teach us how to make homemade ice cream that is way easier than you might think! This homemade ice cream will come out perfectly: creamy and delicious! If you love ice cream, but you don’t have a budget for expensive machines, watch her video tutorial below.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Measuring cup
- 3 one-gallon freezer bags
- Bath Towel
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 a cup of sugar
- 2 x 1/2 cups of salt and a pinch
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 10 cups of ice
1. First, add the following ingredients in the first freezer bag: a pinch of salt, heavy cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract.
2. Seal the freezer bag, getting rid of as much air as you can.
3. Next mix the ingredients all together.
4. Get your second freezer bag, and put 5 cups of ice and half a cup of salt into it. Mix it all together to make a brine (soak in or saturate with salt).
5. Do the same instructions on Step 4 on the third freezer bag.
6. Next lay the ice freezer bags on the towel and place the ice cream freezer bag right in between the ice bags. Once done make sure to cover them with the towel.
7. Wait at least 30 minutes or more for the ice cream to freeze.
8. Now you are ready to serve. Cut the corner of the frozen ice cream bag and squeeze into a cup or a bowl. Serve immediately and enjoy!