The secret to the glowing and youthful skin of most women across Asia is due to the use turmeric masks. It turns out, this yellow spice condiment is not just widely used for cooking, but it is commonly used in many forms of skincare treatment too. This facial therapy can make you look kind of ridiculous because of the yellow pigment it leaves on your skin, but wait till you hear all the benefits that this face mask has to offer.
The use of turmeric is beneficial for the body’s health, inside and out. It contains a photo-chemical substance called, “curcumin” that helps reduce inflammation and can ease some of the pain that comes with rheumatoid arthritis. It also promotes healthy looking skin because it is rich in antioxidants and has anti-bacterial properties.
Turmeric facial masks are known to heal skin problems such as acne, age spots, dark circles, dry skin, eczema, slow the growth of facial hair, and helps get rid stretch marks. It been known to slowly reduces the appearance of visible ugly scars as well as smoothing out wrinkles. Turmeric also deeply exfoliates and moisturizes your skin by removing all of the dead skin cells. The final result after every face mask treatment is just simply amazing! Say hello to a beautiful, brighter and glowing skin.
Learn how to make your own turmeric facial mask and start treating your skin dilemmas today!
Here’s what you’ll need for your DIY face mask:
- 2 tablespoons Turmeric ( Pure Turmeric Powder)
- 2 tablespoons Rice Flour or Chick Pea Flour ( Doesn’t have to be Brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons Yogurt or Milk ( For Oily Skin)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil, Coconut Oil or Almond Oil ( For Dry Skin)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Add lemon juice for skin lightening
1. In a small bowl add the turmeric, chickpea/rice flour, yogurt (for oily skin), olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil (for dry skin) and honey. Mix until combined.
2. Grab a clean paintbrush and apply the turmeric mask mixture evenly all over your face. You can apply the face mask on your neck and other parts of the body that need treatment, such as stretch marks.
3. Let it dry on your skin for about 20 minutes and wash it with cool water.
Things you need to consider before applying the mask:
1. Make sure you do a skin test first. Apply a small amount of the face mask on your skin to see if you’ll have an allergic reaction to turmeric.
2. The turmeric mask treatment might leave a bit of some yellow tint color on your face. So, if you have a special occasion that you need to attend to, do not apply the face mask two to three days before the event.
3. You can use your favorite skin toner or makeup remover to remove the yellow stain off your face completely.
4. For acne prone skin, treatment needs to be done at least 3 times a week. For those who already have healthy skin, treatment can be applied once a week.