This tutorial will walk you step-by-step on how to create beautiful white salt dough tags for gifts and goodie baskets! You can add glitters, paint them with acrylics, use a stamp to create beautiful patterns, and form them into any shape you like. We are so in love with the idea, and we can’t wait for you to give it a try! Watch the video below and find out how to easily make them.
What You’ll Need:
- Mixer or Mixing bowl
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup warm water
- Parchment/greaseproof paper
- Rolling pin
- A variety of cookie cutters or cut out templates
- Acrylic or Tempera paint (optional)
- Sheet pan
1. First make the dough. Mix two cups of flour, one cup of salt, and once cup of warm water into a mixer.
2. Wrap the dough in a cling film/wrap and allow it to rest for about forty minutes.
3. Now get a sheet of greaseproof/parchment paper and begin dusting flour onto it.
4. Use your hands and rolling pin to flatten the dough.
5. Dust the flattened dough with a little bit of flour before adding the designs.
6. Next start creating the designs. Use stamps and cut out shapes using cookie cutters. You can also make cut-out templates to use them as your guide. Punch holes on the tags by using a straw.
7. Lay the tags on the baking sheet pan, and bake them in the oven at 110°C for about 4 to 5 hours until completely dry.
8. Finally, paint the tags with your choice of acrylic paint/tempera color or add a personalized message using Sharpie markers and add a string.