If you’re looking for a fast breakfast option or when you’re craving for a greasy breakfast food, you’ll definitely relish this egg and chorizo burrito recipe. Aside from how healthy it is, it also tastes great and it only takes just a little time to make. Get ready for this yumminess.
- 9 oz / 255g pork or beef chorizo
- 2 oz / 56g red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and small diced
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp / 2g salt
- ¼ tsp / 1g pepper
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 of 8 to 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Handful cilantro
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese, melted in a microwave or queso fresco
- 2 Tbs salsa verde
1. Over high heat, heat a large skillet; add chorizo and just like cooking ground meats, break it up into more manageable chunks as it browns, about 5 to 6 minutes.
2. Add red onion and jalapeño then turn off heat. Set aside.
3. Beat eggs with salt and pepper. Scramble over a medium heat, about 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Toast tortilla in a clean dry pan until warm.
5. Arrange in the tortilla: chorizo mixture, scrambled eggs, avocado, cilantro, your choice of cheese and salsa verde.
6. Fold two sides of wrap over filling then roll tightly.
Enjoy! Got your own version? Share it with us!