Learn how to make homemade cold and flu sweets to help suppressed symptoms of cold and flu! This natural cough remedy does great wonders by helping you soothe your throat, and boost your immune system against getting sick. Above all, they taste incredible, and are completely natural! One of the ingredients is ginger, a strong antioxidant, which help strengthen your immune system. It also has two known natural antibiotics that combat and kill cold viruses.
This is by far one of the best homemade cough and flu remedy we’ve seen. Watch how to make these cough drops below, and stay healthy this cold and flu season!
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- 1 Cup of sugar
- 1/2 Cup of water
- 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon of ground cloves
1. Place a pan or small pot on the stove top. Add one cup of sugar and a half cup of water.
2. Slice a lemon in half. Squeeze and add one tablespoon of its juice. then add one tablespoon of honey.
3. Next, add half a teaspoon of ginger powder and one-fourth teaspoon of ground cloves. Dried, ground cloves flower buds will work too if you don’t have ground cloves. Simply crush them using a mortar and pestle.
4. Now, turn on the heat on medium setting. Stir occasionally
to prevent the sugar from sticking.
5. Once the pan starts to simmer, continue stirring and adjust your heat to low setting.
6. Leave it simmering for about 15-20 minutes and stir it regularly.
7. Prepare your baking tray by lining a parchment/baking paper.
8. Take the pan/pot off the heat and let it cool down for a few minutes. The liquid has to be dark, thick, and syrupy.
9. Get a piping bag or use your spoon to shape your candies. Make sure that you work fast because the mixture sets up easily.
10. Let them cool down for 20 minutes and once done dust them with powdered icing sugar to prevent them from sticking. Lastly, keep them on an airtight container/jar and you can also wrap each candy with a cellophane or paper wrapper.