Bloomin baked apples is a mouthwatering recipe that’s super simple to make! It’s warm and sweet and makes apples even more delicious than they already are. Serve this dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a more delightful twist. You gotta believe us when we tell you…you’ve never tasted apples so good you’d say they’re heavenly! If you haven’t tried making this recipe yet, you need to give it a shot now! 😉
- 2 Honeycrisp apples (or other crisp apples)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 caramels
- Optional toppings: vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, and cinnamon
1. Prepare your oven by preheating it to 375 degrees F or 191 degrees C.
2. Start chopping the apples. First, slice off the top ¼ to ⅓ of the apples.
3. Next scoop out the core by using an apple corer or a metal teaspoon. Make two, deep circular cuts using a thin/paring knife around the center of the apple. Lastly, turn the apple over and slice narrow cuts around it.
4. Put the apples in an oven safe dish/bowl. Place 2 caramels in the cavity of each apple.
5. In a microwave, melt butter and brown sugar for 30 seconds. Stir and pop back in microwave for an extra 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave and add in flour and cinnamon.
6. Pour in the mixture over the top of the sliced apples.
7. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees F 191 degrees C for about 25 to 30 minutes. If apples still feel hard try baking for additional 25 mins or continue cooking until tender.
8. Remove apples from the oven and place in a bowl. Serve immediately with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and sprinkle a little dash of cinnamon.