Noodles taste much better with veggies. While you can throw any vegetables you preferred, it is important that the ingredient’s flavor are well incorporated. Just like the Schezuan (Schezwan) noodles recipe. Schezuan Noodles is an authentic Chinese preparation of Hakka noodles with sautéed veggies and this Schezuan sauce. Prepared with veggies typically used in Oriental cooking, this recipe will be one of your favorites.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 250 grams of noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp spring onion, chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- ½ carrot, chopped
- 4 tbsp cabbage, shredded
- 4 beans, chopped
- ½ capsicum, chopped
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- ½ tsp salt
1. First, cook the Hakka noodles – Boil water, add a tsp of oil and some salt, then add the Hakka noodles or any plain noodles. Once cooked, rinse immediately and drain.
2. On a separate pan, saute garlic in oil for a few seconds then add onions.
3. Add the red chili paste and once the oil had separated add pepper, vinegar, and soy sauce.
4. Add the french beans, cabbage, a carrot then stir-fry for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add mushrooms and just keep on stir frying the veggies while increasing the flame.
6. Once edges of mushrooms start to slightly brown, add the chopped capsicum, then give it another stir.
7. Reduce flame to medium heat and black pepper, Schezuan sauce, and salt. Mix well.
8. Add the cooked Hakka/plain noodles. Then, add vinegar, chopped spring onions then give it a final stir. Adjust seasonings according to preference.
Now it is ready to serve. With all the ingredients used, this recipe may seem intimidating but nothing beats that moment when you taste the delicious blend of flavors. What are you waiting for? Try it!