With all the chemicals our skin absorbs every day, it starts to dry out, and body butter becomes a must. Body Butter, made with pure oils and essential oils, is a great way of reviving moisture on your tired and dry skin, especially in cold weathers. Why do I need to do this when I can simply buy one? I’ll tell you why. Our skin also gets exhausted and so instead of heading to the drug store to buy a pricey product with questionable ingredients, making your own is much recommended. Not only that you choose your preferred scent, it is just so simple and cheap to do.
- 2 cups of raw shea butter
- 1 cup of coconut oil ( or your choice of oil)
- 2 tsps of vanilla
- 7 drops of essential oil of your choice (rosemary preferred)
- Big glass bowl
- Zip loc bag or icing bag
- Glass jar with lid cover
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Double boil the butter until soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the mixture until fluffy.
- Use a ziplock bag, cut a little hole in the corner and put the butter cream in it
- Squeeze the butter cream into your glass jar. You may need to do a few shaking to add more room to the jar.
- You may keep it in the fridge, then use it as a regular body butter or lotion for your skin and hair.
It is indeed satisfying when you can make your own beauty product and a definite hit with your loved ones. Customize, decorate and you also got yourself a perfect gift.