Be mesmerized on this beautiful play of lights project. Make your own concrete LED string light lamp to vamp up your living room. This project is quite tricky and might be hard to do especially for women but this is worth every sweat most especially that Christmas season is near and display of lights is a staple for the holiday gatherings.
Here are the materials:
- Litom Led String Lights
- Glass Vase 10 1/2 Inch
- 1 inch Weatherstrip foam
- PVC Pipe
Tools used in this video:
- Miter Saw
- Hand shovel
- Hot Glue Gun
- Palm Sander
- Masonry bit sit
- Oscillating tool
If you have these in handy, then let’s slay this project.
1. Cut 2 identical in measurement PVC pipes which are 5 inches long.
2. Wash the pipes clean and free of dirt so that it won’t stick to your concrete form.
3. Form a hollow inside the concrete to house your wirings. To do this, use a recycled plastic bottle. Cut the bottles 1 1/2 inch below the rim of the PVC pipes.
4. Make the top of the concrete form smaller than the body so that it can hold the vase. To do this, place an adhesive foam at the rim.
5. Put a plastic wrap/aluminum foil to close the bottom of the PVC pipe. Tape the plastic wrap to hold it in place.
6. For the concrete form, mix a concrete cement with water. Using a hand shovel, mix the cement and water. Insert plastic bottle in the center. Be watchful to keep the bottle in place while pouring the cement into the PVC pipe. To make the cement go down the pipe you can tap the pipe’s perimeter with a mallet.
7. Get the sander and let it vibrate around the perimeter of the pipe to evenly distribute the cement. Use concrete nails to hold the bottle in place. Bubbles should rise up while sanding the pipe.
8. Let the cement dry and harden (author waited 4 days). After it cures, remove the foam on top.
9. Remove the PVC pipe around your concrete form by cutting the PVC pipe with a hacksaw. Cut in between 2-3 inches apart and slowly peel the pipe off.
10. Get the sander to smoothen the form for a finer texture. Then you drill a hole in the center of the form.
11. Afterward, get an oscillation tool to make a grove on the bottom of a passage of the wires.
12. Pass the string lights, take the LED controller, hook up the power to the controller and connect to the transformer.
13. Stick the wire to the grove of the rim to hold it all inside the housing. Apply hot glue on the grove and stick the wire.
14. Get creative on designing the string lights inside the vase.
This is worth every sweat, told ya!
Pin It Now 🙂