Ask a toddler what CDs are, and you will not get an answer. Just like cassette tapes, only a few people remembers them. Disappointing but with technology nowadays and smartphones, you can always get anything online. Looking back, I remember, I started my series addiction by buying CDs and now I have a ton of them packed in a large box at the top of my closet. Well, what do I do about them? For sure, they’re not going in my trash. Instead, let me share a simple project that will surely make those old CDs useful again. Just add a touch of creativity and the end result will be a beautiful craft you sure will be proud of.
What you’ll need:
- Old CDs
- A lot of skewers
- Glue stick and glue gun
- You want to grab one CD and start with 20 skewers.
- Hot glue all the skewers on your CD and work your way around it.
- Take another 10 skewers, break them in half and continue to glue them alternately following the pattern of the first batch of skewers.
- Grab another 10 skewers, then arrange them to make the longest rays of light, then glue them on
- Take another CD and glue it on top of the first one, hiding all the skewer’s glued end
- Grab another CD; cut it into small pieces; arrange and glue them on the CD forming a mosaic piece of art
- Lastly, cut out little circles from another CD; scatter and glue them on several parts of the skewers; you’re done!
Depending on how many CDs you have, you can make several of these with different variations. Try this out and check out some more CD projects. I’m pretty sure you’ll be blown away by how many ways you can bring some style and decoration to your room using your old CDs.
I can see a light bulb popping out from your head, now get those hands working.