Our featured project today is all about, making marble coasters from clay. Any hands on mom can easily make these lovely beverage coasters during their free time, or make it a fun activity to enjoy with their kids.
If you are planning to make DIY projects with your kiddos, then this DIY marble coaster tutorial should be on your list.
The first step in learning how to make these marble coasters is, of course, to gather up your supplies.
- Polymer Clay in different colors
- Parchment paper
- Metallic Paint Pen in any color
- Round Cookie Cutter
How to do it:
1. Cut a small slice of each color of polymer clay that you want to use. Use 6 colors
2. Roll each color till you are able to make a 9-inch long strip. Do the same for other colors
3. Take all the strands together and twist. Form a ball
4. Roll it out with a rolling pin. Continue rolling until you are able to make a round shape that’s ¼ inch thick
5. If you are not satisfied with the result and want a more marbled look, form it into a ball again and roll it out one more time
6. Punch it out using a cookie cutter to get a more clean edge for your marble coaster
7. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 300 degrees
8. When your coaster is baked, you can opt to paint the edge using a metallic paint pen
9. Seal with gloss glaze (optional)
Play around with different colors or use a combination of just a couple of colors. It’s all up to you. Be creative. For a more marbled effect, you can try swishing and roll the clay until you get the result that you desire.