What if we tell you that you can create a stack of adorable stamped wire bangles you see in the boutiques? Yes, it’s possible! With the right materials, you can make these stunning handmade accessories right from the comfort of your own home. They are inexpensive, super easy to make, customizable, and a perfect match for any outfit. These copper bangles make wonderful gifts for your loved ones too. Watch the video below, and find out how to make these lovely trinkets today. We promise… this project is really worth a try!
- Artistic Wire 10-Gauge Bare Copper Wire
- ImpressArt Stamp Enamel or Folk Art Enamel Acrylic Paint, Licorice
- 1.5mm Letter & Number Punch Set
- ImpressArt 2 by 2-Inch Steel Block
- Beadalon Leather Pad For Block and Anvil
- Ergo-Angle Metal Stamping Hammer
- ImpressArt Chasing Hammer
- ImpressArt 1″ Nylon Hammer
- Beadalon Nylon Jaw Pliers
- ImpressArt Bracelet Bending Bar
- ImpressArt Bracelet Bending Pliers
- Sanding Block or Metal Filing Tools
- ImpressArt Stamp Straight Tape
- Non-Permanent Marker
- Paper Towel
1. Measure and cut the wire using sharp shears. Take note that the wire increases in length after being stamped. Make sure that the bangle is open on the back. Adjust the wire length to get the right fit for your wrist.
2. Use nylon jaw pliers to straighten out the wire. Next use the flat end of the hammer to flatten the ends of the wire. Next, add texture to the wire by using the round end.
3. Repeat the process all throughout the wire length. Take notice of the middle part as this is where you will be stamping the letters. Flatten the wire enough to fit the 1.5 mm stamps. Do not hammer the wire too much to prevent it from getting brittle.
4. Using nylon jaw pliers straighten the wire again.
5. Next, flip the hammered wired on its side and hammer. Repeat on the opposite side. This is to keep the stamped wire straight.
6. Tape the bracelet onto a flat surface. Make a mark at the center point of your wire using a washable marker. Do not stamp the center as this is the stress point of the bracelet.
7. Imprint the center letter to the left of the marked center point.
8. Make an imprint on the left and right until you’ve completed your chosen name or word.
9. After straightening the wire for one last time, insert one end of the wire into the bracelet bending bar. Bend the wire gently over the curved area of the bar.
10. Next, insert the other end of the wire into the bar; repeat the process. Bend the bar gently to form an arc on the bracelet. Be careful to not over bend.
11. To finalize the shape of your copper bangle use the bending pliers or the nylon jaw pliers.
12. Make both ends if the wire dull by using a jeweler’s file or sanding block.
13. Finally, apply Stamp Enamel using an applicator tip. Let it sit for about 10 seconds. gently wipe the medium into the stamped letters using a paper towel, then wipe it off. This will keep the metal look well-polished and will leave medium in the stamped areas to help them stand out.