Here’s a nifty gift idea that you can DIY. It’s perfect for any occasion, gender, and age. Flaunt your creativity through this surprise exploding box that’s very easy to make, and won’t cost you a fortune. Pretty awesome, eh?!
I think this is the best handmade gift idea that allows you to express everything you want to say to a friend or a family member. You can also have it personalized by adding pictures, and sweet messages. If you want to learn how to make your own DIY surprise exploding box, you have come to the right place. Making one may seem hard to do, but this is actually quite easy to make. With just a little folding, cutting and gluing, you can make a nice surprise gift box to hold that perfect gift you’re planning to give to somebody.
The best thing about this DIY surprise box is you get to pick out the colors, design and add trimmings to spruce it up anyway you would like. This surprise exploding gift box is an easy paper craft that anybody can do. Watch this tutorial and learn how to make one today.
- Double sided Bristol board with your choice of color combination
- Ruler and pencil
1. Cut your Bristol board into two squares each measuring 12 inches by 12 inches.
2. Mark the board, so you can divide the length and width into threes.
3. Score the board using a ruler then a stylus, if you have or an old ball point pen that doesn’t work. But the back of your scissors will work fine, too. This is for making hollow indentations on your board
4. Flip the Bristol board and do the same thing to the other side.
5. Make diagonal dents on the 4 corners of the board using the back of your scissors then fold along the dents and voila, you just finished creating a box.
6. Once you have folded all sides, do not glue the flaps, but instead draw a heart shape on all four corners of the box.
7. Just cut out the top portion of the heart.
8. Get another Bristol board. Repeat steps 1-5 and do the same thing that you did to the first board, so you can create a box.
9. Draw a flap about ½ an inch to all four corners of the board and cut out the excess as shown in this video.
10. Score the sides of the flaps, apply glue then fold to jointly stick the sides.
11. Once you’re done with the basic box, you can add a second layer of Bristol board before adding some decorations on your surprise exploding gift box. Cut a thin strip of paper. Make sure it shorter and smaller in width than your baseboard. Make 2 strips then divide by 3 squares. Score to make a dent.
12. Glue the strips on the inside of your gift box.
13. Add your desired embellishments or follow what’s shown in this video.
You can paste an origami or make small envelopes and put in some sweet notes…the possibilities are endless!