Succulents are one of our favorite home decor centerpieces as they add creativity and life to any living spaces. They are eye-catching and make gorgeous outdoor/indoor house plants. With proper care, succulents are quite easy to maintain as well. Today Sarah Jane is going to teach us how to create a beautiful succulent garden arrangement that you can use to beautify your abode. They also make great gifts to your special someone. These small succulent gardens are unique since Sarah will be using cute ceramic dish/mugs instead of regular clay pots. Watch the video and find out how to make your own. We also provided the written instructions below. Happy gardening!
Materials You’ll Need:
- Dish (Cup or Ceramic Mug)
- Potting Soil
- Mesh Material
- Drill With a Diamond Bit or Dremel Tool
- Gardening Gloves
- Safety Goggles
- Dust Mask Ear Plugs
- Using a drilling machine (with a diamond bit or Dremel tool) create a drainage hole at the bottom of the ceramic to allow the water to flow and to prevent the roots from rotting. Wear safety goggles, mask and ear plugs for protection. After drilling, add the mesh inside the ceramic right on top of the hole so you won’t loose any soil when watering.
- After drilling, place the mesh inside the ceramic right on top of the hole so you won’t loose any soil when watering.
- Next, add the soil mixture. Fill it half way or depending on the size of the succulent and its roots. Make sure that the soil is not too high to prevent the soil from washing off when watering the plant. Take note that if you are planning to plant a cutting, never plant it right after it was cut. Make sure that the end of the cutting is cauterized first before planting it in the soil. Add a variety of succulent types depending on your liking to make it more visually attractive.
- Next, add a pressure while planting the succulent by carefully pushing the plant/cutting from under the leaves.
- The final step is to water the plant. Make sure that you wash the water through the soil out the drainage soil and clean the mug after.
There you have it! You just created a beautiful succulent container garden using a ceramic mug. How easy was that? Now you can decorate your home with these lovely plants. Also, take note that you need to water these plants regularly, and make sure they get enough sunshine. According to succulentsandsunshine.com, if you decide to place the succulents indoors keep them as close to the window as possible. Except if the weather or sun is too hot to prevent the plants from getting sunburned.