Who said you can’t have your own hologram? Now it’s possible for you to enjoy one by transforming your smartphone into a 3D hologram projector! In this tutorial, Mrwhosetheboss is going to show us the step-by-step procedure on how to create an amazing three-dimensional projection pyramid in less than ten minutes using a plastic clear cd case. It’s cheap, easy-to-make, and beyond totally awesome! Kids will love this.
Watch the video below, and find out how to make it.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Graph Paper
- CD Case ( The higher the transparency, the better)
- Tape or Super Glue
- Knife, Glass Cutter or a Scalpel
1. Make a paper template by drawing a rhombus shape triangle on the graph paper. Dimensions are 1cm X 3.5cm X 6cm. Just double or triple the dimensions if you want to go bigger. You can also use this template as a reference.
2. Get your paper template and pen, and start tracing on the cd case.
3. Get your cutter and start cutting the drawn lines. After you are done cutting use the cut-out shape to make three more of this.
4. Stick each side together using a tape.
5. Now you are all set to test out your new toy! Place your hologram in the middle of your smartphone and play these specially-made for hologram videos you can find here.
If you are successful, you’ll end up with this mesmerizing effect! 🙂