Today you’ll learn how to make a “Galaxy in a Jar” using basic materials like acrylic paint, cotton balls, glitters, and water. It’s fun to make, and this is a good activity to do with kids. We found this great tutorial that shows the easiest way to make this awesome jar that’s perfect not just as a room decor but as a gift too!
The materials are:
- Mason jar
- Acrylic paint (your choice of colors)(Amazon)
- Silver glitter
- Holo stars
- Plastic containers
- Wooden skewers
1. Fill the plastic containers with 2/3 water, and add each color of paint to each cup. Mix the paint and water solution using the skewer.
2. Now put the first layer of cotton at the bottom of the jar, and divide the cotton layer based on how many colors you are using.
3. Add glitters and holo stars on the first layer and pour the first paint mixture. For a more realistic look, do not add too much liquid.
4.Repeat the step two and three for the rest of the layers.
5. Before closing the mason jar, make sure you push down the layers a little bit using the wooden skewer.
6. For gifting, you can add a gift tag or a label made from removable chalkboard tape.