Hey, do you love being crafty and showing off your finished products? Well, then this is the perfect DIY project for you! Learn how to create these lovely marbled coffee mugs. It’s such a piece of cake and only takes a few minutes to finish. It’s a great gift idea for your friends or loved ones, and they’re perfect for party giveaway items, too!
Most people think DIY projects are too full of twists and turns. Well, that depends on the type of project. There are tons of crafts that are simple to do yet turn out fabulously.
These watercolor coffee mugs fit just the bill. You can shop for cheap white ceramic mugs and some low priced nail polish in different colors to begin this craft. You can do this with your kids or girlfriends during your bonding moments.
To make these watercolor coffee mugs you will need the following items:
- Plastic tub
- Nail polish in different colors
1. Fill the plastic tub with warm water. Make sure that the depth of the plastic tub is enough to accommodate your coffee mug.
2. Put a few drops of nail polish into the warm water. Choose the colors that you like; you can put in 2 or 3 colors depending on the outcome that you desire.
3. Wait for the first color to spread out in the water before you add another color.
4. When adding a new color, make sure you drop it in the center.
5. Carefully stir the colors to create a design.
6. Hold the mug and dip it into the tub straight down until the colors have wedged onto the mug.
7. Lift and dry.
Here are a couple of things to keep in mind:
· This DIY mug should only be hand washed
· Seal the colors with clear acrylic sealant. Do not include the lid of the mug where you drink from.
Happy mug marbling! 😉