Are you wondering where to put all those pistachio shells after polishing off a bag? Don’t throw them, instead, upcycle them! Here’s another awesome DIY, a pistachio flower fridge magnet. Pista shells are very versatile, too, because of their sturdiness.
With this DIY, you can have fun making flower themed fridge magnets for your home and bring that spring feel right into your very own kitchen. Use your creations as an adornment that pops, or as gifts for friends and relatives.
For this refrigerator magnet craft project, all you need is:
- Acrylic paint (your choice of color)
- Glue gun
- Pistachio shells
- Ziploc bag
1. Put some pistachio shells into the Ziploc bag, add a couple of drops of your acrylic paint and a teaspoon of water to dilute the paint. Shake the bag to evenly distribute the color to the shells
2. Pour the shells out of the bag onto a newspaper, arrange the shells so that the inner part of the shells are facing up then sprinkle some glitters on top of the shells
3. Let them dry for at least 2 hours
4. Cut a cardboard as a base for your flower magnet. Decide on the size of the fridge magnets that you want to make.
5. Glue the magnet at the back of the cardboard
6. Start gluing the colored shells onto the circle cardboard. Glue four shells as the center of the flower then do the petals around the center until you have completely covered the cardboard
I hope you enjoyed watching this creative DIY project using pistachio shells!