If you’re still on the quest for unique holiday ornaments, or just love finding new do-it-at-home projects, you’ll absolutely going to enjoy this easy toilet paper roll craft we have for you today! In this video, you’ll learn how to make adorable yarn hat ornaments that you can hang on your Christmas tree, or simply give them as presents to your loved ones. These hats are so cute, easy and fun to make. With great creativity, you don’t need to spend hundreds of dollars for those fancy holiday decorations anymore.
Materials You’ll Need:
- Triangle or ruler
- Yarn ( preferably not too thick and fluffy)
1. The first thing you need to do is to fold the toilet paper roll a bit so you can easily measure it.
2. Get your pencil and triangle and measure off 1.8 cm/ 0.7 inch wide strips on the toilet paper roll.
3. Start cutting the strips. One paper roll can make up to 5 strips.
4. Get your yarn and measure off 35 cm/14 inch long parts using the triangle and start cutting.
5. Now that you have your yarn/strings ready, fold a piece of yarn in half and insert it in the strip. Next, pull them tight to make a knot on a strip. Make sure that the layer of yarn should be thick enough to cover the paper strip completely.
6. Next, divide both ends into two parts and insert them separately to the other side of the strip. Pull the yarn and arrange it evenly inside the strip.
7. Now it’s time to make the pom-pom. Grab a piece of yarn and tie it around the threads.
8. Next trim the head of the pompom to make it fluffy and round. If you are going to hang it as an ornament, do not cut the string you used to tie the threads,
9. Viola! You have now successfully created your little yarn hats ornaments.