Do you love almond milk? Ever wonder how it was made? Well, you’re about to find out and the best part? It’s super easy. It’s creamier and healthier than the store bought variety so you really can’t lose!
Almond milk comes from soaked, ground almonds. It is a healthy alternative to dairy products like cow’s milk. It is also cholesterol free, lactose-free, low in calories, and is very good for the heart too! To put it simply, it’s awesome. In this video, you’ll learn how to make the best homemade almond milk.
The ingredients are:
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 3.5 cups filtered water (plus more water for soaking)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Soak almonds in water at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. (or soak it with boiling water for an hour)
- Drain almonds, add to blender. Add 3.5 cups filtered water and blend for about 1 minute, until almonds are finely blended.
- Strain in nutbag, jelly strainer or fine mesh sieve.
- Stir in flavors if desired. Refrigerate and enjoy within 3 days.