Don’t have enough time to prepare a hearty and healthy breakfast? We often hear from expert homemakers that it is best to plan and prepare your food in advance. By doing so, it shouldn’t be hard for you and your family to follow a healthy diet, especially for the most important meal of the day, breakfast!
Today, overnight oats have become a favorite breakfast food for both the young and old alike. The best thing is that no cooking is required and you can make it at night. So you can just wake up and enjoy your delicious healthy breakfast straight away. With overnight oatmeal, making a breakfast meal top priority is no longer an impossible task.
Discover the delectable oat sensation with these popular combinations. You will be concocting endless overnight masterpieces for the next morning before you know it.
Here’s the basic recipe for the overnight oatmeal:
- 1/3 c of oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or protein powder
- ¼ c milk of your choice (almond, soya, non-fat)
- ¼ c Greek yogurt
- Flavorings/toppings of your choice
- First, put 1/3 cup of oats in a mason jar, add a teaspoon of chia seeds or protein powder, whichever suits your taste. Add ¼ cup of milk and top it with ¼ c Greek yogurt. Do the steps without mixing them all, just put each ingredient on top of the other.
- You can make delicious overnight oatmeal in 5 ways by just adding these toppings to the basic recipe. Pick what you fancy or make them all for variety.
Carrot Cake Flavor:
- Top with just enough maple syrup to sweeten. Adjust according to your taste
- Some cinnamon powder
- Shredded carrot
- Crushed or sliced pecan nuts
Blueberry Lemon Flavor
- A drop of vanilla extract
- Blueberry jam
- Organic blueberries
- A bit of lemon rind to add a tangy flavor
Chocolate Strawberry Flavor
- A teaspoon of honey for sweetness
- A scoop of cocoa powder
- Freshly cut strawberries
- Top with a bit of shaved chocolates
Banana Nut Flavor
- A little maple syrup
- Nut butter (peanut, walnut or cashew)
- Some chopped walnuts
- Fresh banana slices
Pina Colada Flavor
- A teaspoon of honey
- Chopped almonds
- Fresh cut pineapple
- Top with some coconut
There you go just a few minor changes to your breakfast preparation routine and a few great tips will help keep you on track with a healthy breakfast. The best way to start the day is to rise and dine!