Let’s admit it…While it’s nice to get a little nail pampering in a salon on a regular basis, it can be very expensive and not everyone can afford it. So, our take on that, we think it’s better to learn how to DIY! Doing your manicure doesn’t have to be quite as complicated, and it doesn’t even need for you to own several fancy tools to do it.
Here’s a list of easy nail hacks that will save you more time and extra cash when doing your nails. You’ll be amazed at some of these manicure magic, as well as, a few of the coolest tricks to make your nails look great because these days painting them with just one color isn’t really enough anymore.
20 Nail Hacks!
1. For a long lasting manicure, apply distilled white vinegar or nail polish remover to your nails, before painting them. This trick removes excess oil from your nails, so polish sticks well.
2. To get your desired glittery nail texture and look, do not paint it with a brush, instead, get one of your unused eye shadow applicators and use it to dab your nails.
3. Create a nail polish removing jar using a small mason jar, a sponge, nail polish remover, and scissors. Cut the sponge in half lengthwise, make sure it fits inside the jar when rolled. Make a space in the center and pour enough amount of polish remover. To use it, just stick your nails in the jar and rub the polish off fast and easy. Cover the jar after using it.
4. Want to have mermaid nails? Easy. You’ll need some netting material for this one; cut a little piece of loofah that’s enough to cover your nail, lay it on your nail then use a sponge to dab on some colors.
5. File your nails in round or square shape to make it appear longer.
6. Having nail polish splotches on the sides of each finger is very unattractive. Use a thin eyeliner brush and some nail polish remover to clean the line around the nail. You can also use a concealer brush or a toothbrush.
7. Polishing your nails continually can result in your nails looking yellowish. Remove the stains by brushing and soaking your nails your nails with baking soda and lemon juice mix for a few minutes before rinsing.
8. Dipping your freshly manicured nails into a bowl of ice water dries your nail polish fast.
9. Create perfect glittery nails by putting on glitter polish to a makeup sponge and dab on your nails. Before you blot the sponge, start by painting your nails with a base color of your choice.
10. To remove stubborn glitters from your skin, use scotch tape or toothbrush to take them off. Another easy way to do it is to use a Q-tip to gently wipe the glitter dust away.
11. Here’s an interesting and simple nail décor idea. You can make your own nail stickers by painting a thick layer of nail polish on a freezer bag. Wait for it to dry before cutting out into whatever shape you desire. Stick your DIY sticker on freshly painted nails then seal it with a clear top coat. You can think outside of the box and choose what décor to put on your nails. Anything goes!
12. Meld back smudged nail into place using a little dab of nail polish remover. This will soften the polish to help you repair the smear.
13. When you’re using messy nail painting techniques you can take off excess polish or glitters left on your skin by applying latex body paint around the nail area. Allow it to dry then peel the mess away. Don’t do this if you are allergic to latex.
14. Easily remove nail stickers using floss. Dip your nails in cold water first before you slowly strip off the sticker from your nails.
15. Remove your nail polish easily even without a nail polish remover by applying a fresh coat of polish and wipe it off with cotton while it’s still wet.
16. Create striped nails or a lizard effect look using a thin fan brush applied with polish and apply to nails in one stroke.
17. Cut out a little piece of tea bag cloth to repair broken nails. Simply put the tea bag paper on your nail after painting it with a base coat then put a small amount of nail glue to seal it.
18. Here’s an easy trick for hard to remove polish. Use light colored felt, the texture of this material will help to remove polish fast. Light colored felt also won’t bleed on your nails when you soak it with polish remover.
19. Got no sharpie? No problem, you can use a soft-textured white eyeliner stick for picking up stones and studs to put on your freshly painted nails.
20. Apply a sheer pink shade of top coat to turn a bright neon shade of polish for a sun-bleached look.
Today you just learned some simple nail art in simple steps that can help you save time and money. All you need is a little creativity. Now, go ahead; flaunt your stunning nails to your girlfriends. 😉