It’s not that easy being a dog owner. Your life is not going to be the like it was before. Since they can’t make it on their own, they do require a lot of attention and utmost care. As their owner, your responsibility is to make sure that you meet all their required needs for them to become happy, and healthy at the same time. Today Ariel Hamilton and her adorable pup Samson are going to show us some essential tips and tricks to help you become a better pet owner. If you are looking for ways on how to make owning a dog a lot easier, then you have to check this out. Better start taking notes now. 😉
15 Life Hacks for Dog Owners
1. Have a lint roller on your car compartment.
2. Secure your dog’s leash using a carabiner.
3. Make ice-cold chicken broth apple treats to help your pet cool down.
4. Multi-task: Get a dog toy with a single loop rope with a ball at the end so you can play with your pup even when you’re busy.
5. Remove dog hair on your couch by using a damp rubber glove.
6. Remove dog hair on your carpet by using a squeegee.
7. Make your dog shampoo last longer and easily apply it to your dog: Fill an empty bottle container(with a pop-up nozzle) and dilute a quarter of dog shampoo with water.
8. When taking your dog for a walk, have a portable water dispenser on hand to help keep your pup hydrated all the time.
9. Learn how to perform the Heimlich maneuver and CPR on your whelp.
10. Keep your dog’s breath fresh by sprinkling some parsley on their food.
11. Apply petroleum jelly on your dog’s paws when taking them for a walk during winter time.
12. Rub a dryer sheet on your dog to make him calm down during thunderstorms.
13. Store dog food in an airtight container to keep it fresh all the time.
14. Have a separate container box for your pet essentials.
15. Keep track of your dog’s feeding schedule by making a chart. Mark off every time you feed your pet.
These are such great ideas. You definitely need to try all of these hacks with your beloved pup!
Do you have other dog parenting tips and tricks to share? We’ll be happy to hear them! Shout them out in the comments below. 🙂