When you are getting older you have to admit that your teeth get a bit golden before we reach the golden age. Drinking coffee, tea, sodas, smoking cigarettes, munching too much sugary food, these are part of the modern lifestyle which affects the quality and color of our teeth. But we love to smile so much on our selfies so yellowish teeth make you feel so awkward in front of the camera. So what are going to do? Schedule for some teeth bleaching? Oops! That might get you to spend more and wear out your enamels faster.
So here is a compilation of simple hacks for whitening your precious enamels.
1. Mixing lemon and baking soda method. Just slice the lemon in half. Squeeze half of the sliced lemon into a small bowl and mix in an equal amount of baking soda. Add more lemon or baking soda if you have to until you get a paste-like consistency. Then brush the mixture against your teeth and leave for a minute. Remember to wait about 15 minutes before brushing with your regular toothpaste. Brush afterward as you normally would. You can only use this method for only once a week because this may weaken or wear out your enamel.
2. The second technique is by mixing 1/2 tbsp toothpaste, 1/2 tbsp salt, and 1/2 tbsp lemon. Then apply this by using your finger. Leave for 1 minute and gargle with water. It is recommended to only use this just once or twice a week.
3. Lemon and water combination is the next trick to whiten than teeth. Just mix in 1/2 tbsp water and 1/2 tbsp lemon. Use some cotton buds or finger to apply it to your teeth. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse it with water. After that brush regularly. Since the lemon is acidic, so to prevent your enamel from wearing out use this method for only twice a week.
4. Adding apple cider vinegar and water is up on the list. Just mix in water and use it as a natural mouthwash. And try to gargle or let it in your mouth for about a minute.
5. The next method could probably be the yummiest and which is just munching some raisins.
6. Oil pulling is the next popular method. Just take 1 spoon of coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for about 10-15 minutes. This method is so healthy that you can use this method 4-7 times a week. Brush regularly afterward.
7. The internet is crazy over this roasted bread tortilla method. Take a charred tortilla and rub it all over the mouth and teeth. Use it just like a toothpaste. This definitely whitens your teeth because the charred tortilla will work just like an abrasive to your teeth.
8. Wearing a solid red color lipstick will not only give you a sexy aura but this will make your teeth seems whiter too!
9. Second to the last method is by mixing altogether 1 tbsp hydrogen peroxide (2% below), 1 tbsp of baking soda, a little bit of toothpaste and add 1/2 teaspoon of water. Mix all together and brush the teeth with it for 2 minutes. Do this technique once every week until you get the desired result. When you get your desired result limit to just once a month to give your enamels some rest. You don’t want to torture your enamels much.
10. Saving the best for last is the strawberry and toothpaste technique. Just crush the strawberry and add a little bit of toothpaste in a small bowl. Smash those strawberries and mix evenly with the toothpaste. Grab your toothbrush and brush with it normally.
There you have it folks these are all the compilation of hacks that will help your teeth look whiter. A little knowledge is dangerous so if you want to try one of the hacks, try to research more, especially on using acidic components. It is better to protect your enamel more than just wanting to whiten it. Let us know your tricks as well if you have one to share.